Wednesday, September 19, 2007

post #2

I've always been interested in Early Childhood Eduction. One of the websites I found on the course website was the FunBrain.com. I think its a really cool website for kids. It reminds me of when I was a little kid and I had a Reading Rabbit game on my computer. It's also kind of like the Leap Frog program, when learning becomes a game.
The website also has a blog section that is geared toward different age groups and different sexes that handles learning concepts differently. If a website is attuned to a very specific group of children, especially (ex. girls above 10) it makes them feel more included and helps give them a sense of belonging and community.
I am willing to admit that I had a sad, sorry understanding of MicrosoftWord. I feel like since that last class I picked up on a lot of different ways to make Word work for me. I learned how to use it more efficiently, like with the hot keys and different functions. One of the things I liked the most was on this Blog I read on the regular, Dooce.com, is a lot of times she will write a word and then have it crossed out. Its small, but I learned how to do it and I've always thought it was cool.

No comments: